EVENTS: NAROK MOTORCYCLE RIDE – SUPPORTING ORPHANS AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN
Here’s a great reason to free up your Sunday or support the need… as they say, Charity sees the need, not the cause.
The Narok Bike Ride is an annual initiative by Outriders Association of Kenya intended to raise awareness and funding for orphans and vulnerable children in Narok County and this year’s edition is happening this Sunday the 29th.
The first ride took place in July 2010 and succeeded in raising assistance for the Kurraru family of 6 orphans based at Duka Moja near Suswa.
This year, we hope to raise at least the sum of Shs.500, 000 towards completion of the shelter and to support needy children from other families in the area who have been identified by the community… will you be a part of the 300kms ride?? Login here to register.
I won’t be able to see the smiles on the kids faces but I’ll be at the flag off and more importantly MPesa my contribution to the number +254 712 293 057. If you are in the same predicament, let’s support this noble cause.
Here’s the itinerary:
7.00am Meet at Oil Lybia Waiyaki Way near ABC shopping centre
7.30am Depart for Narok
9.00am Stop over at Mt. Longonot Hotel Maai Mahiu for breakfast
10am Depart for Duka Moja
10.30am Arrive at Kurraru family home at Duka Moja for fund raising for completion of dwelling house, school fees, foodstuffs and clothing. Local chief , councillor and community members in attendance.
Hosts: Olmarei Lang CBO.
12noon Depart for Narok town
1.00pm Arrive at Narok Stadium, Narok town for safe riding awareness activities with local boda boda riders.
1.30pm Arrive at Olmarei Lang Community Counselling Centre for lunch.
3.00pm Depart for Nairobi
6.00pm Arrive in Nairobi- Oil Lybia The Mall Westlands
Browse through the gallery for more pictures of the Narok Motorcycle Ride 2011 courtesy RoyKing.
Visit his website RoyKing
Facebook RoyKing Ltd
Thanks for reading through. Hit the share buttons below if you liked the post…
Disclaimer: Pictures appearing on this blog are copyrighted to the photographers and the sites indicated. Kindly refrain from using them for editorial purposes (not unless they are copyright free).
- Footage: How Headers Are Made (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage: DC SHOES: KEN BLOCK’S GYMKHANA FIVE (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage Fridays: One Man, One Motorcycle and a Few Belongings (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage: STi Powered Porsche 912R (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage: 2013 G 63 AMG (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage Fridays: Electric Motorcycles (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Car Porn XXVII Teaser (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage: Mobius Two – Made In Kenya (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Car Porn XXVI Teaser (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Car Porn XXIII Teaser (nafterli.wordpress.com)