Reveals: 2013 BMW 7 Series
The exterior changes are minimal: fewer vertical slats inside the kidney grille and larger chrome surround…
Two horizontal chrome accents bars splitting the lower intake,
Restyled side mirrors with turn-signal indicators and new shades of red on the taillights.
“Floating” screens for the Rear Seat Entertainment package…
…and an optional Bang & Olufsen sound system.
The look of the navigation system has also been updated with new menu organization, displays, a “pie menu” and 3D elements.
The Attention Assistant system reminds you when it’s time to rest and hands-free trunk operation makes its first appearance in the range.
…but is mated to the new eight-speed Steptronic transmission that is said to have “significantly improved” efficiency and 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds. The 4.4-liter V8 in the 750i gets fitted with Valvetronic and outputs 445 hp and 480 lb-ft.
The second-gen ActiveHybrid 7 drops down an engine size, swapping its previous V8 for the 3.0-liter six-cylinder from the 740 and is yoked to a 55-hp synchronous motor rated at a combined 349 hp and 367 lb-ft, BMW says it is 14 percent more fuel efficient than the 740i.
Other driving enhancements include Dynamic Damper Control, an electronically controlled damping system that works on each shock individually dependent on road conditions, self-leveling rear suspension now standard on all models, and xDrive available on the 740i.
Story Courtesy Autoblog
Thanks for reading through. Hit the share buttons below if you liked the post…
Disclaimer: Pictures appearing on this blog are copyrighted to the photographers and the sites indicated. Kindly refrain from using them for editorial purposes (not unless they are copyright free).
- Car Porn XXII Teaser (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Official: 2013 BMW 7 Series arrives with more power, gadgets and safety (autoblog.com)
- Footage Fridays: Icon Bronco (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage: Classic Hooning in a Porsche 935 DP II (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage: 2013 G 63 AMG (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage Fridays: Thrashing a Hakosuka (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage Fridays: Electric Motorcycles (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage Fridays: Pure Awesomeness (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage: Mobius Two – Made In Kenya (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- Footage Fridays: If Pee Were Gas – Advertising (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- News: BMW is the Most Valuable Car Brand (nafterli.wordpress.com)
- 2013 BMW X1 for US to offer brake regen, start/stop and ECO PRO mode (elonmusktesla.wordpress.com)