Recap Of Dakar Rally, Stage 7
The Battle between Minis&Hummers is fierce. To quote the announcer, ‘The Hummers are faster but less reliable’ with Robby Gordon clinching the last podium position and the Defending Champion, Nasser Al Atiyah crossing the last check point in position 6.
The Minis have managed a top 2 finish at the end of stage 7… That means there’s a very good chance a Mini will win the Dakar Rally 2012.
What’s surprising for me however is that there’s a Great Wall in the top 10!!!
2012 DAKAR RALLY OVERALL LEADERS
Bike: DESPRES (FRA)
Quad: Alejandro PATRONELLI (ARG)
Car: Stephane PETERHANSEL (FRA)
Truck: Gerard DE ROOY (NLD)
2012 DAKAR RALLY OVERALL BIKE STANDINGS:
1. Cyril Despres, FRA (KTM) 18:12:38
2. Marc Coma, ESP (KTM) 18:20:26
3. Helder Rodrigues, PRT (Yamaha) 19:02:17
4. Paulo Goncalves, PRT (Husqvarna) 19:08:11
5. David Casteu, FRA (Yamaha) 19:18:16
6. Jordi Viladoms, ESP (KTM) 19:20:18
7. Gerard Farres Guell, ESP (KTM) 19:20:38
8. Stefan Svitko, SVK (KTM) 19:29:57
9. Juan Pedrero Garcia, ESP (KTM) 19:36:26
10. Pal Anders Ullevalseter, NOR (KTM) 19:53:41
2012 DAKAR RALLY OVERALL CAR STANDINGS:
01. PETERHANSEL (FRA)/COTTRET (FRA)- MINI
02. HOLOWCZYC (POL)/FORTIN (BEL)- MINI
03. GORDON (USA)/CAMPBELL (USA)-HUMMER
04. ROMA (ESP)/PÉRIN (FRA)- MINI
05. DE VILLIERS (ZAF)/VON ZITZEWITZ (DEU)- TOYOTA
06. Defending Champion AL-ATTIYAH (QAT)/CRUZ (ESP) – HUMMER
07. NOVITSKIY (RUS)/SCHULZ (DEU)- MINI
08. SOUSA (PRT)/GARCIN (FRA)- GREAT WALL
09. ALVAREZ (ARG)/GRAUE (ARG)-TOYOTA
10. VAN LOON (NLD)/SCHOLTALBERS (NLD)- MITSUBISHI
When it comes to the mechanical side of things (coming from a rally service crew background), I particularly like what the Hummer team are doing by providing the drivers with a checklist so that they can track mechanical failures and also whats going right with the car.
© Dakar Rally Official You Tube Channel & page & Toyotires You Tube Channel.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.